- “Accident or desire? Linked Archives and the trans-Tasman literary scene”, Script & Print (journal of the Bibliographical Society of Australia and New Zealand), 14:4 (2018, published Dec 2019).
- “Linked digital archives and the historical publishing world: an Australasian perspective”, History Compass, 17:3 (2019).
- “Falling between the cracks: Dora Wilcox and the neglected Tasman literary world”, Journal of the Association for the Study of Australian Literature, no.2 (2017).
- “Travel writers and travelling writers in Australasia: responses to travel literatures and the problem of authenticity”, Journeys: the International Journal of Travel and Travel Writing, 17:2 (2016), pp. 74-94.
- “'A book is a book, all the world over': New Zealand and the Colonial Writing World 1890-1945”, Journal of Imperial and Commonwealth History, 43:5 (2015), pp. 861-881.
- “New Zealand and the Tasman Writing World, 1890-1945”, History Australia, 10:3 (2013), pp. 129-148
- “Review of The West Island by Stephanie Johnson”, Journal of New Zealand Studies, NS29 (2019), 120-121.
- “Review of Settler Society in the Australian Colonies by Angela Woollacott”, Lilith: A Feminist History Journal, 22 (2016).
- “Review of From a Distant Shore: Australia’s Writers in Britain 1820-2012 by Bruce Bennett and Anne Pender”, Transnational Literature, 6:1 (2013).
- "Review of No Fretful Sleeper: A Life of Bill Pearson by Paul Millar”, Melbourne Historical Journal, 38 (2010), pp. 140-142.
- “Arthur H. Adams and the problem with settler colonial studies”, blog post, Imperial & Global Forum, 10 June 2019.
- “Literary in-betweens: Dora Wilcox and Australasian writing”, VIDA (Australian Women’s History Network Blog), 14 May 2018.
- “New Tricks for Old Material”, Blogs, State Library of New South Wales, 7 April 2017.
- “Wildfires and communities: International perspectives.”, Ensis Contract Report No. 12562 (Christchurch: Scion, Bushfire Research Group, 2007).
- (With H. Grant Pierce and E. R. Langer), “Communications of Fire Danger Warnings in New Zealand and Overseas”, Ensis Client Report No. 12570 (Christchurch: Scion, Bushfire Research Group, 2007).